Tuesday, June 29, 2010

WEEK 96 - The Lahaches Stopped by Last Night

Mom,
All through out my mission I assumed that life back home was on pause; however, meeting up with the Lahaches last night changed (drastically) that idea.  It was a delight learning about the changes that have occurred over the past 2 years -- I cannot wait to see these things for myself. I was happy to find out that the Lasalle Ward attendance has increased and that many of the youth are either serving or preparing to serve full-time missions.  I have definitely developed a testimony of Alma's wise words to his son Helaman: "Learn wisdom in thy youth, yea...learn to keep the commandments" (Alma 37:35).  When this powerful idea is implemented, children will grow up to be valiant sons and daughters of God who understand their purpose and know where they are going.  I assume the parents of these children fully agree with John when he said: ' I have greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth' (3 John 1:4). 
Aaron Turner was baptized on Saturday!  It was a great experience for both him and his non-member family.  Because the spirit was there in great abundance and touched their hearts, his mother and father (who have been exposed to the LDS faith their whole lives) hinted to the bishop that it is time for them to start a serious study of our faith.  This example proves to me that God still blesses us with tender mercies!  Also, this family has been part of the Farmington 7th Ward focus list for over three years -- many prayers have been offered for them.  Many might wonder why answers to these prayers weren't answered earlier, but we must not forget that our prayers are always subject to the timetable of God.  We have to trust that He knows what He is doing and that He can do it best.  I testify that He can and does.

Elder Bland and I found three new investigators and committed all them all to baptism last Sunday.  The Lord has been helping us tremendously!  I confess to you that the Lord's hand is seen and appreciated here in Farmington (D&C 59:21)!
Keep praying for us -- We need it!

Well, I hope God will continue to bless our family. I love you a lot!

Elder Jonathan Kaufman

------------

Dad,

I'm having a blast.  Ending my mission in this area is ideal. I serve among great missionaries and members.

The Lahaches stopped by last night and picked up my guitar and shoes. It was great to see them and realize that Tim is still Tim and Natalie is Natalie.  It was also a delight learning about things back home.  Tell them thanks for everything.  I was really tired last night -- tell them that was the  reason why I was so non-energetic.
  
Well pops, thanks for keeping me posted. I love you a lot.

Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!