Mommy,
Happy Father's Day! Although I wasn't home to celebrate this special day with all of you guys, I want you to know that many prayers offered in hopes that you would feel of my love all the way from Utah. I hope that prayer was honored.
During sacrament meeting many inspiring thoughts (Heaven sent, I'm convinced) came to me. Many of these thoughts were in perfect harmony with the theme of each talk: Father's day. One of the greatest insights (and most profound, I might add) was that the honoring of fatherhood gives us a glimpse of what our universal Father in Heaven is like and the qualities and attributes He possesses. That being said, Dad, thank you for giving me a sample of what my Heavenly Father is like. You have always taught (through example as well) me to be a better person and to obtain a higher, or a more Heavenly mindset. This simple but deep principle corresponds perfectly with what the Savior taught: Matthew 5:48, 3 Nephi 27:27, 3 Nephi 12:16, 3 Nephi 14:7-11, Phillipians 4:8, 1 Corinthians 2:9. Words cannot describe how thankful I am for you and your example. Thank you. I love ya!
I have been concentrating my studies on the Savior this last week. I have realized that we first have to understand the effects of the fall in order to fully appreciate the sacrifice and atonement of Christ. In 1 Nephi 10:6 and Mosiah 16:4 we learn that the fall literally separates us from God (physically and spiritually) and causes us to be "endlessly lost". In this condition, salvation is impossible. We cannot return to live with God through our own efforts. We are in desperate need of a hero. I am glad I get to teach that Christ is that Hero -- he is the Savior. With him, because of him, and through him, we can all find our way (He is the way: John 14:6), be saved, and return to our Heavenly Home. While many say that Christ compensates or makes up the difference, I think saying that he makes all the difference is more accurate. I know that He saves us from the fall and we can one day be at one with God through the at-one-ment. I love our Savior.
This week we anticipate to baptize Aaron. He has an amazing testimony of the restored Gospel and has great hopes to live faithfully within the gospel limits to the end. Last night we found 2 more individuals who are really interested in our church. We will begin teaching them this Sunday. Please pray for us.
Last night Elder Bland and I held a zone study and established a new vision for our new zone. The vision is to go to the temple often so we can receive revelation for our investigators. I am certain that we (God and us) will be able to uncover and resolve concern that prevent those from coming to Christ. It is going to work. Oh yeah, we also held the meeting on a mountain. Pretty neat huh?:)
Anywho, I love you guys tremendously.
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
---------------------------
Dad,
Of course I thought about ya. I would be a horrible son if I didn't. I hope your father's day was a delight
---------------------------
Dad,
Of course I thought about ya. I would be a horrible son if I didn't. I hope your father's day was a delight
Anywho, I am glad to hear Pat is doing good. It's fair to say that prayer and fasting works! Give him my best.
Thanks for all the updates. I love ya boss
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
0 comments:
Post a Comment