HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU!
How was your birthday and what did you do?
I really miss being with all of you guys. I hope you fully enjoyed your birthday.
Did you run 5 miles? I hope you did.
Can you believe I am 21? I can't. I feel so old. Haha now I know what you feel like...joking.
Thank you for honoring your responsibilities as father and as leader. Your devotion and testimony inspire me and provide an excellent model for me to follow. I have always looked (and still do) up to you and I hope I can be more like you. You have always been there for me and supported me in whatever I've done. You allowed me to exercise agency, after having first taught me true principle. This helped me become the man I am today. Thank you.
I love you deeply.
Happy birthday dad. Thank you for your birthday wishes!
Love,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Hey Mom,
You are the best! Thank you so much for your birthday wishes.
Deviant youth commonly tamper with mail in Roy, Utah. This week they decided to tamper with ours. Two sources bring happiness to missionaries: Baptism (new investigators) and letters or packages. As you can imagine, this act greatly affected our attitudes. Haha... However, we found out that instead of stealing letters, they typically leave them on a near by road. That being said, one of the missionaries we live with, while proselyting, found two letters addressed to him -- neat miracle, huh?. Since that incident, we have received and mailed out letters without complications. I regularly receive your letters, so keep em' coming. I also received your package. Thank you so much. I love it! You guys all look great. Give my thanks to every one please!
I am glad I am staying in Roy. There are many investigators and families whom I love and look forward to knowing better. I am happy, healthy and honored to be missionary right now. As you know, I am ver
Turning 21 is absolutely scary! Also, it is very hard to imagine that I will celebrate my next birthday at home. I am sure that idea makes you happy -- It makes me happy too.
Many families have invited us to dinner today. It will be very difficult to share time equally with the families I love ... Life can be so hard at times;). The friends we have made, really bring joy to our lives. They make life easier and are willing to help out in any way. I am really grateful for the wonderful families here in Utah and throughout the world -- Thank you.
The Stevenson family (a fellowshipping family for our investigator) took us to Maddox (a restaurant..a really good one) for my birthday in Brigham city. Isn't that too nice? I love them so much!
As for our missionary efforts, we are doing extremely well. We are finding and baptizing. In fact, we will baptize Ashely this saturday. She is 16 years old and has had great influences and examples all around her, her whole life. She is currently facing a very difficult time; however, she appreciates how the gospel of Christ brings relief and mends the wounded heart (Jacob 2:8). Because the gospel has positevely affected her life, she wants to dedicate it to God through baptism. We have had many spiritual lessons and great talks. I know she is growing her testimony and love for God. It is amazing to witness that.
On a lighter note, I want to share a funny experience. We were supposed to teach Ashely on Friday at the Stevensons home; however, both Ashely and the Stevenson forgot about the lesson. We were very discouraged and let down because every lesson cancelled that day. Accordingly, we thought it would be appropriate to release our frustrations on the Stevensons because they would understand and see the humor in it. After thinking about what to do for a couple of minutes, we decided to t.p their car!! since they always leave their door unlocked and gave us the o.k to walk in whenever we wanted, we did and used their toilet paper to t.p their car! It was priceless!
I know the gospel is true and restored through the instrumentality of Joseph Smith. It improves lives and gives hope for a brighter future and easier life. Scriptures testify and teach of Christ and his atonement. They also help better understand his qualities. It welcomes the spirit and leads to happiness (Jacob 7:23).
I love you:)
Thanks again for all the birthday wishes!
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
1 comments:
happy birthday man....
On you last leg of your mission, and the family must be getting excited. From what I've read on this blog, you seem to be doing just what needs to be done. Great mission. you've come a long way since I last saw you in Montreal. Kinda proud of you. You don't remember me, but I do you.
Atta go. By the way, 21 ain't that bad. It's just the beginning.
Catch ya later.
Brother Williams
Post a Comment