Tuesday, April 27, 2010

WEEK 87 - The Lord Seems to Want Me in Roy

Mom,

Today is transfer day, and to my surprise I am not getting transfered. I was really expecting to be transfered; however, the Lord seems to want me in Roy. After speaking with President Olson about transfer he told me that "he needs my leadership and me to continue to build Roy". In fact, last week Elder Kreiberg and I found 2 sincere investigators and 2 really cool families. I am sure these new friendships will enrich my experience here. In addition to that, I will also have the opportunities to see some of our investigators get baptized.

Last Sunday two of our recent-converts, Don and Sheri Scott, gave talks in sacrament meeting. They presented their thoughts in a very professional manner and bore sweet testimony. I learned that missionary work, profoundly impacts lives. As the Scotts told the ward how they obtained their testimony of Christ and his restored church, they said we were the reason why they decided to join and considered us to be a crucial part of their conversion. Although I know without a doubt that the Holy Ghost is the ultimate teacher and converter (Moroni 10:5; Corinthians 12:3; St John 16:13...), without missionaries (full-time and member missionaries), others would have a hard time learning and hearing the gospel message. Hearing and listening to the gospel precedes and leads the converting power of the Holy Ghost to take place in people's hearts (Romans 10:17). Therefore, missionaries are instruments in God's hands (Alma 17:11) and can assist the Holy Ghost in teaching the gospel. This work has great importance and value. Its effects are far-reaching: without missionaries, our family would have never been introduced to the gospel and never have the opportunity to be sealed under God's power and authority in the holy temple. Because of missionaries, we can live together forever and in some future day teach bless our future famliy with the plan of happiness (Alma 39:16). I am grateful for missionaries -. I am convinced that God, through the Holy Ghost and missionaries, impacts and improves lives.

My testimony has been strengthened as I have seen those I teach cling to the gospel. I know it is true and blesses families,

Give my best to Blake Willie. Please thank him for his kind words.


I love you with all of my heart.

Love,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

Dad,

It's almost your birthday!! Are you still planning of running 5 miles?
Please tell all the Youth and Stake that I look forward to seeing them soon.
I will pray for Patick. He is in my prayers always.
Tell Becca I love and miss her!!
Love yah:)
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!