The sun is shinning, the weather is warming, and the flowers are blooming. If you cannot tell, I am extremely content and happy. Serving as a missionary in beautiful weather is motivating and a delight. People are friendlier and a lot more receptive to our gospel message. In fact, Elder Kreiberg and I found 3 new investigators last week. Finding, teaching, and baptizing have become my new hobby. Also, I must confess, Roy is a little more appealing -- don't quote me on that one;)
Last week will be one to remember. Elder Kreiberg and I baptized two of our investigators: Harold Gary and Darius Jimerson. (See picture in the right column entitled: Latest pictures from Roy. Ref to week 86, and click on the picture to see more)These two special individuals taught me valuable lessons. Both Harold and Darius have unwavering faith and a solid testimony of the risen Lord and His restored Church. Although they were not baptized until last week, the lives they led were in complete harmony with the teachings of the Master, Jesus Christ. Just as the stripling warriors were taught and remembered the words of their mothers, Harold and Darius attribute the goodness of their lives to their mothers too. Because of their mothers, they were taught to "refuse evil and choose the good" (2 nephi 17:15). I am convinced this is the reason that cause them to embrace the restored gospel. I am grateful to all mothers who honor their stewardship's: To nurture, teach, and love. Thank you for all you do and the examples you set -- they never go unnoticed and have a far-reaching effect. Motherhood promotes and leads to obedience (alma 57:21). I am especially grateful for you (mom). Thank you for you sharing your testimony, demonstrating your love through countless acts, and trusting me. I will forever remember the lessons and love you have and will share with me. Thank you.
In addition to attending two baptisms, we also attended Darius' wedding. He has so many friends who love and support him. Really, the factor that led to his spiritual conversion was a social conversion. Members are the life-blood of missionary. With them, missionary flourishes; without, missionary productivity suffers. Continue to assist and offer help to your missionaries. The Lord will bless you tremendously.
Thank you for all of your support. I love and appreciate you.
I look forward to my package. :)
Love yah,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
0 comments:
Post a Comment