Hey Mom,
I had an amazing time with Cedric and Justin. I am glad he told you all about our time spent together. As for the rules, I was absolutely permitted to see and hang out with them. Don't worry about that.
I am happy. I think in consequence of doing the Lord's work it is easier to be happy. Although all of us make mistakes and fall short, the gospel brings hope for a better tomorrow (Ether 12:4) and the condition of forgiveness through repentance. Really, we have every reason to rejoice. It is our choice to remain in despair or to ascend to optimism. Through the atonement we can reach maximum happiness.
Elder Kreiberg and I baptized India Bingham on Saturday! The whole family has become re-activated and are enjoying quality time together at church. The gospel induced a mighty change in that family -- it is so visible.
Elder Kreiberg and I found 3 new investigators this week. Harold Garry is from the Bronx, New York and has a very charismatic attitude. Although he has a tendency to deviate from our lesson, he accepted the challenge to be baptized. Also, we found an old couple who subscribe to this concept: 'All churches lead to Heaven'. While we were struggling to find the right words to say, we offered a silent prayer and received special inspiration. We felt prompted to extend a baptism challenge. To our surprise, they accepted and felt a need to be baptized. That was definitely God working through us -- an amazing experience.
Anywho, love you lots and look forward to your next email, letter:)
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
p.s : Brooke sent me a package today! ou lala haha
loveeeee
I had an amazing time with Cedric and Justin. I am glad he told you all about our time spent together. As for the rules, I was absolutely permitted to see and hang out with them. Don't worry about that.
I am happy. I think in consequence of doing the Lord's work it is easier to be happy. Although all of us make mistakes and fall short, the gospel brings hope for a better tomorrow (Ether 12:4) and the condition of forgiveness through repentance. Really, we have every reason to rejoice. It is our choice to remain in despair or to ascend to optimism. Through the atonement we can reach maximum happiness.
Elder Kreiberg and I baptized India Bingham on Saturday! The whole family has become re-activated and are enjoying quality time together at church. The gospel induced a mighty change in that family -- it is so visible.
Elder Kreiberg and I found 3 new investigators this week. Harold Garry is from the Bronx, New York and has a very charismatic attitude. Although he has a tendency to deviate from our lesson, he accepted the challenge to be baptized. Also, we found an old couple who subscribe to this concept: 'All churches lead to Heaven'. While we were struggling to find the right words to say, we offered a silent prayer and received special inspiration. We felt prompted to extend a baptism challenge. To our surprise, they accepted and felt a need to be baptized. That was definitely God working through us -- an amazing experience.
Anywho, love you lots and look forward to your next email, letter:)
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
p.s : Brooke sent me a package today! ou lala haha
loveeeee
(See more pictures in the slideshow on the right column: LATEST PICTURES FROM ROY, UTAH)
0 comments:
Post a Comment