Mommy,
I just found out that I will be able to attend General Conference in two weeks, along with all the other missionaries I came out with. I am hoping that I will have the privilege of meeting many General Authorities. Speaking of General Authorities, last Friday we drove by President Uchtdorf and Elder Bednar's homes in Val Verda (near Bountiful). The Southern part of our mission is absolutely beautiful. I have never appreciated that before because I have been up North for most of my mision. I hopefully will end my mission somewhere down there.
Aren't the Dunns awesome?! I love them. A lot of my fondest memories were formed in their home. They are the family that help started and offered their home for youth night. What's more, we were so close that we often pranked each other. The Dunns call pretty often, so we keep in touch.
The feeling you feel after you are released from a calling or an assignment is amazing. The Lord sends his spirit to tranquilize and pacify your soul to indicate a job well done. The Lord's approval and support is what we should seek. I experienced that on my bedside while praying when I was released as a zone leader. I am certain the Lord sent his soothing spirit to you as well.
On Sunday we ran into a former investigator. Besides letting us teach him again, he also allowed us to work out in his personal gym every morning. Is that not a tender mercy or what? I told him that while we help him strengthen and workout his spiritual body, we will work out our physical bodies. I know its Corny, but it is true. ha ha
Next week Elder Kreiberg and I will baptize India Bingham. Speaking of tender mercies, the Lord allowed and assisted us in baptizing 5 individuals for the month of March. If the lord is a part of your companionship you will never fail. Whatever he touches (psychically and figuratively) lives.
As for pictures. I promise you will receive some next week.
In your letter you mentioned that I have adopted a new 'lingo'. What do I say that is different?
Give Elder Carpenter and Glowa my best. Tell them I love them. And tell Chris I think of him often.
Love yah!
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
p.s Brooke wrote last Tuesday!
Love yah.
Dad:
I do have a guitar. We play a lot. Elder Kreiberg is really good. He also played in a band. We write arrangements to many hymns and perform them at zone conferences and baptisms. It is great. Yes. I recorded them.
anywho love you too.
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment