Mommy,
Travelling down to Salt-Lake city and attending general conference was an amazing experience. Viewing Temple Square and being surrounded (exlcuding the rude anti's) by many people who subscribe to identical beliefs, helped me feel the fruits of the Gospel: "but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith, and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love towards another" (Mosiah 18:21, D&C 38:27). In addition of appreciating the beautiful surroundings and having the privilege of hearing and meeting general authorities naturally enriched my testimony.
I had the privilege of attending 4 sessions of General Conference (Saturday afternoon session through the concluding session). Listening to the angelic voices produced by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, gathering with priesthood holders (both physically and spiritually), and listening to the inspiring words of our Heavenly Father's chosen servants, left me with deep and wide resolve to improve. On top of that, my conviction, pertaining to continuing revelation has increased. I feel energized and have re-committed myself to righteous living.
The most valuable principle I learned was that we have the capacity to be as righteous as we want. Our Savior commanded us to be like Him (3 Nephi 27:27). That being said, we are entitled to aid and assistance as we undertake this task thoroughly by applying and internalizing Christlike attributes, as they are outlined all throughout the scriptures. This will foster an atmosphere which will invite the spirit of God to accompany us and provide help as we attempt to improve. However, failure to incorparate these attributes will obstruct our progress and deprive ourselves of eternal blessings in this life and the next. "This life [IS] the time for men to prepare to meet God" (Alma 34:32). I pray that all of us will acquire a sense of urgency and develop God like attributes today.
Atfer the concluding session of conference, Elder Christoffersen made his way toward us and shook many hands -- I was one of the lucky few who shook his hand. I was amazed to discover that I am taller than he LOL.
Travelling down to Salt-Lake city and attending general conference was an amazing experience. Viewing Temple Square and being surrounded (exlcuding the rude anti's) by many people who subscribe to identical beliefs, helped me feel the fruits of the Gospel: "but that they should look forward with one eye, having one faith, and one baptism, having their hearts knit together in unity and in love towards another" (Mosiah 18:21, D&C 38:27). In addition of appreciating the beautiful surroundings and having the privilege of hearing and meeting general authorities naturally enriched my testimony.
I had the privilege of attending 4 sessions of General Conference (Saturday afternoon session through the concluding session). Listening to the angelic voices produced by the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, gathering with priesthood holders (both physically and spiritually), and listening to the inspiring words of our Heavenly Father's chosen servants, left me with deep and wide resolve to improve. On top of that, my conviction, pertaining to continuing revelation has increased. I feel energized and have re-committed myself to righteous living.
The most valuable principle I learned was that we have the capacity to be as righteous as we want. Our Savior commanded us to be like Him (3 Nephi 27:27). That being said, we are entitled to aid and assistance as we undertake this task thoroughly by applying and internalizing Christlike attributes, as they are outlined all throughout the scriptures. This will foster an atmosphere which will invite the spirit of God to accompany us and provide help as we attempt to improve. However, failure to incorparate these attributes will obstruct our progress and deprive ourselves of eternal blessings in this life and the next. "This life [IS] the time for men to prepare to meet God" (Alma 34:32). I pray that all of us will acquire a sense of urgency and develop God like attributes today.
Atfer the concluding session of conference, Elder Christoffersen made his way toward us and shook many hands -- I was one of the lucky few who shook his hand. I was amazed to discover that I am taller than he LOL.
Also, please thank Bro. and Sis. Carpenter. It was a delight to receive an email from them. I will write them back next week. Tell them I love and miss them dearly.
Our area is blossoming. We anticipate to baptize 3 next week. The Lord is constant and helps unmask their hidden concerns.
Revelation is true. I know God lives. I know his plan is unfolded to us through his prophets.
The Gospel has the ability to perpetuate happiness and promote peace -- It is the solution to salvation.
Oh yah, the girl in the picture that I am arm wrestling, is Bishop's Steven's daughter...he served in Montreal awhile ago! and the Mexican, is David Hernandez. I taught him back in Logan and then baptized him when I left to Roy. The pic of the 4 of us in our suits, is the baptism of A.J Lawrence. He stands next to me...in the pic.
Oh yah, the girl in the picture that I am arm wrestling, is Bishop's Steven's daughter...he served in Montreal awhile ago! and the Mexican, is David Hernandez. I taught him back in Logan and then baptized him when I left to Roy. The pic of the 4 of us in our suits, is the baptism of A.J Lawrence. He stands next to me...in the pic.
PS: Brooke sent me healthy muffins, a tie and gorgeous pictures. She's the best....
Love you,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Watch more pictures from Temple Square by clicking the link to the Silde Show on the right column entitled: TEMPLE SQUARE GC APRIL 2010
0 comments:
Post a Comment