Mommy,
This past week was awesome. We baptized 1 girl named Bailey D. We found 4 new investigators, and challenged them all to baptism. We are currently projected to baptize 4 for this month and 7 for the next.
I discovered there is a direct correlation between humility and success. It took me 16 months to realize this -- pretty sad huh. I used to believe that missionaries acquired success based on their level skills, which is a common misconception. However, I learned that as we obtain that perspective we are really telling the Lord: thanks for the offer, but I will do it myself. If that is the way we approach and greet the LORDS work, which is again, HIS work, we are bound to fail. We need to obtain His perspective, determine His will, and then be at peace with it. Doing those three things will aid anyone in their righteous pursuits and endeavors. What's more, internalizing those three goals will assist us in our advancement and progression in Gods plan of happiness. I am reminded of the promise and assurance given to those who express humility to the Lord. Ether 12:27 states that as we recognize our weaknesses and faults and turn toward the Lord (come unto me) we will find access to the Lord's grace, which will help transform our weaknesses to strengths. Again, this is only possible through the enabling power of the Atonement. I know it is real, and power could be granted to us according to our compliance and willingness to live within the gospel limits.
The Gospel is restored and the Lord lives and is engaged in our lives. Prayer will help us discover those eternal truths.
I love you
Wednesday, February 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Brigitte, does he ever look like his dad! Almost a clone.....I'm so glad that his is happening. He sounds like an awesome kid.
Miss you guys a lot.
Andy
Elder Kaufman, would I ever be honored to be YOUR Ward Mission Leader. We would have a blast!!!!
Keep up the great awesome work. You are a beacon out there. We are watching.....
You may not remember me, but do I remember you and your sis. Take care and love ya tons.
Andy
Post a Comment