Tuesday, January 26, 2010

WEEK 74 - The Restored Gospel Is True and Is Converting People as We Speak.

Mommy,

I can't believe how warm it is in Montreal right now. That is unbelievable. I am sure you guys are enjoying the weather and engaging yourselves in many cool activities. I really miss our Sunday night walks. I can remember the times I used to think that walking with you guys was the stupidest activity ever; however, I am grateful my attitude toward that changed and I had the privilege to spend quality time with you guys before I left on a mission.


I can't wait to watch all of the cool events I have missed over the span of two years. Technology is grand! haha

This past week Elder Gifford and I had the sweet privilege to baptize Autumn M. I am convinced and I conclude that she is the cutest 9 yr-old in the world! I have pictures that serve as proof for my statement. haha. Missions are the best. Words cannot describe the experiences I have gained and the lessons I have learned. These are defining years in any individuals life and I am grateful that I am being tutored by the lord in the capacity of missionary at this time. Witnessing an individual change and come to Christ is pricesless and so valuable to me. The restored Gospel is true and is converting people as we speak.

This past week I learned what it is like to be a member-missionary -- Let me explain: Because we were helping an elderly lady shovel her driveway and other parts of her house, we dressed down into what we call 'p-day clothes', which basically consist of a T-shirt and jeans - you know normal clothes. Anyways, we had to stop for gas before we got home to change. I then had the idea to talk to the lady behind the cash register and greet the conversation as a "member", not a missionary. I simply stated my love for the church and bore my testimony concering it and asked her if she would like to come to church this week. She immediately declined my offer and said, "its not my thing." I then responded like this, "Thats alright, there are missionaries here who would love to help you discover that Church is everyone's 'thing'."We both laughed and then she agreed to meet with the missionaries. Isn't that tight? I invited, I was bold, and she wasn't offended. We have to constantly invite people to learn more about God's truths and plan for us, no matter what we are doing. That was a neat experience.

I love you guys with all of my heart!
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!