Hey mommy,
Another week has passed, and God has blessed us with another baptism. In fact, David L.'s baptism is nothing short of a miracle. We baptized his daughter the week before, and because he was touched by the spirit, he was given bright hope that his weaknesses could transform into strengths. He has met with missionaries for about 2 years but was never able to overcome his addictions and progress toward baptism. David's story is full of hope because I re-learned that if any individual will thoroughly repent, which includes turning towards Christ and away from sin they could unlock the blessings of the enabling power of the atonement and be given the power to overcome and do as Christ desires. It is a beautiful thing --David experienced it.
Our area is still projected at 8 baptisms for this month and our zone is projected at 26! If we baptize over 20, we will set a new record for the zone and have a party! ya baby!
Elder Gifford and I are still having a blast and work hard!
Oh ya, those crazy kids at youth night pranked us again! While leaving for the gym in the morning and as I opened the front door, a huge pile of popcorn rushed into our place. Those crazy kids... we will have to re-prank them soon!
I love you mommy,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment