Tuesday, October 27, 2009

WEEK 61 - Snow Has Finally Found Cache Valley.

Mommy,

Regarding my experience with the swine flu:

Elder Fairbanks and I went to the clinic last Saturday and were told that we had a mild form of the 'swine flu'. We were advised to stay in for at least 7 days. Because Elder Fairbanks and I don't have asthma or anything of that sort, we were not given 'tamafluid' -- so many people here in Cache Valley have the swine flu, and medication is limited. So for the following 7 days, Elder Fairbanks and I stayed in our apartment, did nothing but sleep and study...and made fun of what we could. As for our symptoms, we suffered body aches, sore throats, and tiredness.
I am glad to say that we are out and serving again, and it is great!

Naturally, we had a slow week; however, we were able to pick up a new investigator. She has had a rough past but has every desire to change for the good.
Teaching her has taught me that before anyone can have faith (trust and confidence) in the Savior, suitable for repentence, that person needs to first KNOW him. For example, I know that my parents will always come to my rescue and love me because of my experiences with them. Thus, my knowledge is that I can trust and rely on my parents for anything. Now the question is how do we gain these experiences with the Savior?
His character is revealed in the scriptures: he is merciful, loving, full of love and grace, patient, mindful, considerate, and the list goes on and on. Those who choose to read his words, which are contained in the scriptures, will develop and cultivate a special relationship with him. That person will come to KNOW, trust and rely on the Savior.
Scripture reading enchances and strengthens one's faith and will help us qualify for the blessings of heaven. Reading His words has helped me understand who and what kind of person Jesus really is and ultimately helped me trust him. What's more, because of certain experiences with the Savior, my faith is turning into a knowlegde that He really is and can save me. I invite all to read and pray about the Book of Mormon and witness the blessings springing into your lives.

Snow has finally found Cache Valley. To tell you the truth, seing the snow was a refreshing sight. Being a missionary during Christmas is really enjoyable. People tend to be happier, friendlier, even receptive to our message! I am looking forward to it!

As for those who included me in their prayers -- THANK YOU and I LOVE YOU.

I hope all goes well.
I love you and God bless,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!