Mom,
Elder Fairbanks and I teach the youth every Sunday night. To first attract them to ''another Sunday meeting'' we decided to call the meeting ''pancake night''. Naturally every kid was intrigued and chose to come. For the first three weeks pancakes were actually made, but for the last two weeks they weren't. Instead of being sustained, or bribed with food, the youth have finally found out that being fed spiritually is more important and even better than pancakes. Moroni was totally right when he said: The things which I have spoken, which are spiritual will never be done away (Moroni 10:19). It is amazing to think that whenever we want, we can have access to Gods brilliance and glory through righteous living. When we do have access to this, making the rights choices are easier, our vision and goals are less blurred and we let our light shine. Additionally the feelings it brings are unforgettable. It is a beautiful thing.
Last night Elder Fairbanks and I decided to conduct a musical fireside. It was a great night and everyone had the opportunity to exhibit their talents. Excluding a couple of songs, it was a spiritual feast. Elder Fairbanks and I performed three songs: There Is Hope...Brandon Heath, There Is a Green Hill far Away...and Beautiful Saviour. We did record it and I will send it to you as soon as I can.
Yesterday was Elder Bill's birthday. I wrote him a letter but he will not receive it until forever. So if you could, tell him to expect a letter and give him my birthday wishes.
We talked to a lot of missionary moms, and I always ask them what things they hope their sons include in their emails. Most of them just want to hear that their kids are doing OK. So, I am doing fine!!!
As for Christmas, I have no idea what I want. I really just need more socks. Actually, white dress t-shirts and sweater vests will do. Today I will be buying garments...I need new ones.
My shoes are just fine....really. Eccos are a durable brand, but I will send a photo.
I love yah
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment