Mommy,
I have been sick since last Friday !!! Naturally, this week has been a little slow, but Elder Fairbanks and I will be ready [again] to work tomorrow. I am really looking forward to it:)
Even though the week was slow, we were able to see one of our investigators, Mika S. get baptized! After her baptism, she came up to me and said:" thank you for being my missionary." This reminds me of a scripture: James 5:20.
Serving the Lord has really taught me that I am doing the most important work alive. Jesus did his part, and through the atonement all can be rescued from the effect of the fall and be with God again. However, we as covenant children of God, have a special responsiblity to ensure eveyone knows about what Jesus did for us (2Nephi: 28), and what we need to do. Because of him, we will all live again; however, that alone will not allow us to live eternally with God. Indiviuals must apply the 'atoning blood of Christ' (Mosiah 4:2) in order to be forgiven of his sins, be clean, overcome spiritual death and live eternally with God.
Again, all of these blessings are possible because of Jesus Christ. I know that there is no other name given, means or way that could lead to salvation. When we teach people these important truths, we save them from worst death imaginable. That being said, when someone tells you "thank you for being my missionary" you can only imagine what peace, joy, comfort and happiness enters my soul and confirms to me that I am doing good, that I am choosing the right. Share the gospel.
Thank you for sharing Elder Glowa's email with me. I loved reading it. Tell him I know he will be a fantastic missionary.
The weather here in Cache is beatiful. It is not too cold, nor too hot. I am in the nicest part of this mission.
I couldnt open the google earth link. Sorry.
Well mom, thanks for all you do,
I love you
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
0 comments:
Post a Comment