Tuesday, September 1, 2009

WEEK 53 - Helaman 3:35 is My Scripture of Choice

Mom,

I have not received my package yet! Whats up with that?!....Joking.... I am sure I will get it soon -- and when I do, there's going to be one happy Elder. NOTHING makes a missionary happier than when he receives a package...well maybe baptisms and new investigators, but you know what I mean.

Please, tell Jason that I am excited and happy for him. Also, tell him that I am confident that he will be a stellar missionary -- he is from LaSalle, how can he be bad?

Helaman 3:35 is my scripture of choice.

Nevertheless they did fast and pray oft, and did wax stronger
and stronger in their humility, and firmer and firmer in the faith
of Christ, unto the filling their souls with joy and consolation,
yea, even to the purifying and the sanctification of their hearts,
which sanctification
cometh because of their yielding their hearts
unto God



The reason why I chose this scripture is because it teaches us all about the basics of the gospel. The Gospel is not only about overcoming and avoiding sin, but doing good and being better, which is part of the process by which we are sanctified and qualify in this life with God after death. Everything boils down to faith: Understanding God's will and then, Being at peace with it. Gotta love the gospel!

This week we had the privilege of listening to Elder Porter who is in the Presidency of the Quorom of the Seventy. He taught us the importance and necessity of teaching simply. I have a renewed resolution to improve.

Yesterday, we had a Zone Leader Council. This meeting is basically set apart for zone leaders to brainstorm ideas on how to better meet the needs of the elders in our respective zones. It was pretty informative and helpful. Afterwards I had exchanges with the Assistants to the President (zone leaders go on exchanges with the A.P's at least twice a transfer). I went out with Elder Jones. We had a blast.

Tell Elder Carpenter that I miss him and tell Elder Bill we've been out ONE year!!!!hahaha
Anyhow, hope all is well at home.

I love and miss you all:)

Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!