Tuesday, September 8, 2009

WEEK 54 - This Past Week Was Great!

Mom,

Thank you for the wonderful package. I always love to receive packages, so keep em' coming.
It looks like you all had a great time on vacation. We will have to make up for lost time, right?

This past week was great! Barbara S. was baptized on Sunday. I had the privilege to perform the ordinance of baptism. It was great to get wet again, but it wasn't so great to find out my baptism (temple) pants do not fit as I would like them to...[gasp]..Im gaining weight! Also, I performed the musical number: When I Am Baptized. I sang and played guitar -- apparently it went well;)

When I Am Baptized (Click the link on the right colum to listen to this primary song )

I like to look for rainbows whenever there is rain.
And ponder on the beauty of an earth made clean again

(Chorus)
I want my life to be as clean as earth right after rain
I want to be the best I can, and live with God again

I know when I am baptized my wrongs are washed away
And I can be forgiven and improve myself each day.

Last week I found out that a family whom I taught in Clearfield got baptized last Saturday! This family had to rearrange their lives in order to be baptized. To make a long story short, (this wonderful couple) got married after commiting themselves to live the law of chasity, and then decided to abstain from harmful substances by living the word of wisdom. I have come to the realization that true doctrine changes everything. Once an individual understands and applies truth, they begin to understand their purpose in life, and; naturally, life makes more sense.

This week I went on exchanges with the Tremonton elders. It was great to see all of my good friends in Garland and Tremonton again! I always have a blast there. When you pick me up, Garland will be the number one spot!

Concerning BYU and UVU: I cannot get permission to look at those sites yet, because I have not been out long enough. To be honest, I haven't pondered this too much, but I think I will wait and worry about this in a couple of months. However, I want to thank you for finding out all the things I need to know. You are the 'bomb' mom! I do not know what I would do without you!
I love you!
Anyhow, I love you like crazy!

Hope all is well,
Love you,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!