Tuesday, July 7, 2009

WEEK 45 - JULY 7 2009 - I WAS CALLED AS A ZONE LEADER

Mommy,

I was unable to survive transfers. I will be serving in Perry, UT, with Elder Dardon (who is from Canada). To my suprise, I was called as a Zone Leader. I will be labouring in the Willard Bay zone, which means I will have the chance to work with elders from my old areas (Garland and Farr West). Naturally I am very excited and feel very inadequate, considering I only have 10 1/2 months under my belt! However, "I know the Lord will be before my face. He will be on my right hand and on my left and His spirit will be in my heart, and his angels round about me to bear me up"(D&C 84). I know the Lord's promises are true and will all be fulfilled.

To celebrate Independence Day, all the missionaries in our zone walked in yet another parade (West Point, UT). Again, we were received well and improved member trust -- we had a blast! I also took pictures so you could envision what we experienced.

It was a delight to receive your package. The cookies were perfect, along with everything else. I enjoyed looking at all the pictures -- it left a great taste in my mouth. Tell Marie Foisy she looks very mature and tall.

The Lord continues to bless his faithful disciples. He has assisted us in many aspects of the work, and as a result we have a packed teaching pool, and many investigators with a date, preparing for baptism. What more could a missionary want? NOTHING.

As for those brownies...Thank you Bro. and Sis. Wong. If it be your heart's desire, you could send more whenever you want:)

I love you mom,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
------------------------------------

Becca,
OH dang!!! I cant believe you will be a missionary in a couple months! That is so exciting! I know you will be fantastic. I am very happy to hear Jason is doing well and preparing and anticipating his mission. According to the pattern that has been set, you will probably be serving somewhere in Western USA.... I love my new mission Mom and Dad. I know they will quickly adjust and become stalwart leaders. Last night Pres. Olson called me up and extended a call to serve as a zone leader. Naturally I feel inadequate, but I know the Lord will assist me. I will be serving in the Perry area ( Allison's fiance lives there). I will also have the privilege to visit Garland and Farr West, seing as they are in my zone!!!! I am soo excited!!!
I love you beccs. Your Bro, Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!