Mommy and Daddy,
It was sad to see our beloved Mission President and his wonderful wife leave. They have impacted this mission in so many ways. Before I arrived last fall, this mission was known for its disobedience. However, because of the inspired counsel given to us during numerous zone conferences, President Joyce instilled 'true doctrine' into our minds. For example, he taught us about the process of sanctification (Moroni 10:33-34), and the Law of Restoration as it is taught in Alma 42. These two topics profoundly impressed our minds, which caused us to be more obedient and to have "no more disposition to do evil" as King Benjamins people (Mosiah 5). I credit all of my success to the Lord as he has worked through Pres. Joyce. I know...I know President Joyce was called of God and has touched the lives of many. I revere and love him and his wife -- they will be greatly missed.
I had a delightful time at Mission Conference. It was great to see all of my past companions, learn about their progress and of course joke around. I belong to the best mission in the world;) !
Because Pres. and Sis. Joyce are leaving, all 12 zones in the mission prepared a 3-minute skit to commemorate and remember the Joyce's. We, as a zone, altered the lyrics to the Hymn: Praise To The Man, which was changed to: Praise to the Joyce's. I will send you the lyrics next time.
Of course I was very excited to see and talk to my recent converts and other friends I have formed from prior areas. I had a blast!
The next day, our zone, which is Syracuse, was invited to participate in the Syracuse Parade. I couldn't believe how people responded to us. We were literally treated as kings. Little kids WANTED to give us 'hi-5's', mothers took pictures and fathers commended us. We had a great time. After the parade, we attended the baptism of our now new recent convert: Harley Tomlinson. It was a day I will never forget. For times sake, I will share it with you next week:)
Please relay this message to Elder Carpenter:
"The fact that you have witnessed 7 baptisms in 5 months time is nothing short of incredible. I do not have the slightest doubt that you are working your tail off and are becoming 'comfortable' as a missionary. Keep it up. Continue to live what you preach, do not fall in routines and the Lord will bless you with regard to your unmet needs.
Continue 'rocking out' St-George. I love you. "
In response to your question: Elder Arrowsmith is from Mesa, Arizona; however, he wore a canadian T-shirt....don't ask me why;)
Hopefully this email will suffice.
I love and miss you:)
Your son,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, June 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment