Mommy and Daddy,
This week Elder Stewart and I baptized Cesar Rojas. This particular baptism was very interesting. Let me explain: The ward mission leader did not fill the baptismal font. Because of this, Elder Stewart and I had to fill the font with water using buckets -- seeing as the font take at least three hours to fill through the tap. This whole process took 40 minutes. We were sweating because we were literally running from the utility room to the font. But after much hard work and faith, the Lord provided and allowed the Cesar to be baptized on time. The baptism was obviously spiritual and evidently exciting.
I presented my first district meeting this past week. For the first time on my mission I was nervous. However, I received a lot of positive feedback, so that was comforting. I am really excited about this assignment. I especially like conducting missionary exchanges. I have a blast getting to know all the missionaries in my district. As of last week, our district lost a lot of investigators and it is not looking so hot right now. Please pray for us!
I have not heard from or about Pat in a long while. Can you keep me updated? I am sure he is doing well. He has two trainers, he is definitely being looked after. I am sure he is having a blast.
So yesterday we moved into our own apartment. It is such a sweet place. There is a bowflex that I could use so I can get physically and spiritually buff:) I am way excited! I am not sure of the address, but I will give it to you asap.
Next week is Stake Conference for us too. Pretty cool huh!
Well dad. Happy birthday!!! and happy birthday to me as well;)
I can't wait to talk to you on the phone. Love you!
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
--------------------------------
Dad,
I am so excited about Sister Taylor. I wish I could be there with her.
Please tell Heather and Ti-Ti that I say Hi and miss them!
I miss Montreal so much. Utah is great, but it is not home.
What is the weather like?
There are about 20 district leaders in the mission -- there are 190 missionaries in the mission.
So my new apartment has a bowflex.!!! I cannot wait to start working out!! I haven't been doing so hot lately. I have become soft!!hahahaha
Anyhow I will be better.
love you:)
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, April 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
Hi Jonathan,
It's Tanya...just wanted to wish you a Happy Belated Birthday. It seems like you are having a great time, I'm really happy for you. Wish you all the best on your mission.
Post a Comment