Hey mom and dad,
1. There is no snow in Garland as of yet. The weather here is beautiful. It rarely rains here.
2. We were not able to baptize Colton last week - Colton has progressed so much. I hate to see him fall...He will be baptized before dec 11. Please pray for him.
3. Thanksgiving was awesome. We spent the day with the Cunninghams . We didn't eat too much, yet, we were content. We are trying the live the word of wisdom, which is SOOO hard to observe as a missionary.
4.About prop. 8 :
Elder Dennis and I were tracting . The first door we knocked happened to be an active member of our church. We asked him if he knew anybody needs the gospel in their lives. He then pointed to a house and said : go visit this house.... So we did. Before we knocked, a car pulled in the drive-way. Immediatley, we walked up to the man and introduced ourselves. He was nice to us. However, during the middle of our conversation, he interupted and said: "I don't appreciate what you did in California". Without hesitation, we bore our testimony and asked if we could come back and teach them the gospel. To our suprise, he said "yes". We taught them twice and left them with many things to ponder. However, they are very comfortable in their ways and politely told us that they weren't interested in learning more. Critical to this "experience", we never backed down from our beliefs - we bore testimony, and we left on a very good note.
6.I want to say that we work out every morning but we are not. Sometimes we get lazy. Point finale. haha I have maintained my weight. As for my height, I have no clue. Hopefully? haha
7.HMMM the best meal? Well, Sister Mckee of Garland third ward is the best cook in the world. Her pies are to die for. I will actually be calling home from their place - Bro Mckee is the ward mission leader. He is a stellar guy. Back to the point, her turkey steak is awesome!!
8.There are 18 missionaries in my zone.
Well, this past week has been awesome. First we had interviews with President Joyce and then we had Thanksgiving. Interviews were awesome. I love him so much. He is the smartest man I have ever met. He answers all of my questions. It suprises me how much he actually knows about me and all the other missionaries. He truly does love us.
For Thanksgiving we played football! All the Americans were suprised a Canadian could play so well! haha I showed them! Afterwards, we played soccer and I jammed my finger!! ouch! but I am OK now.
Besides all the fun I had this week, we picked up a new investigator - Colton's sister. Our collective (Colten and us) goal is to get him baptized then make sure he is worthy to receive the Aaronic Priesthood asap so he could baptize his sister. That should be awesome.
We need everyone's prayers.
I love being a missionary. I want everyone to know that I know Jesus is the Christ, independent of anyone. Every day as I study Him and His gospel I fortify our relationship. He truly lives. He will never withold blessings from us - it is not part of his make-up. We have resonsibilty: Choose the right, develop faith + knowledge in Him or follow the devil and suffer the consequences. Read 2 nephi 2 13-14 ...men are to act not be acted upon. The plan of salvation is perfect. There are no flaws. The plan provides collective goals for eternal life and exaltation for all of Gods children, yet, it is so personal. I love Him. He knows that I love Him.
I love you mom and dad,
your son,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
I am very glad to hear that you are doing well, Elder Kaufman. Time does fly-as you said you been out over 4 months! I notice your strong testimony of the Book of Mormon; I can feel that your call as a full time Missionary is changing you each day that you serve. Just to let you know that I know the Gospel is true and that it does in fact change (and save!) lives as it did for me. The harder I serve and work on myself, the closer I come to reaching my Divine potential. I also recognize this potential as a great gift from God. Take care, and God bless. You are a great inspiration for me.
Sincerely;
Bob Donaldson
Post a Comment