Tuesday, December 9, 2008

WEEK 15 (DEC 9 2008)

Mom and Dad,

Another week has passed and gone - the weeks just fly by. I have been serving for about 4 months...crazy!
Christmas is quickly approaching and I love it. I love seing all the christmas trees, lights, NATIVITY SCENES, and listening to the music. It really feels like Christmas even though I am far from you!!! Yes, I miss everyone like crazy, but I am having tonns of fun here in G-land:)

1.I would love to go shopping but I live in G-land - there are virtually no shopping malls here! I have to travel to places like Logan (far away) to do my shopping. On top of that, missionaries cannot drive on P-days, so it is hard to get there; this is the only inconvience about serving up north.

2.Concerning Justin, I think he will just bring the package to the mission office in Ogden (across from the temple). That should be sweet!

9.Elder Dennis and I will record our singing tonight. He will take it home and send it to you. :)

Where to start...Transfers! Elder Dennis will be living Garland and will serve in Bountiful for 1 week. After that week of service, he will be going home. I am going to miss that stud. We've formed such a strong relationship. However, I look forward to serving with my new comp : Elder Lord. What a name eh? I called him and told him I will be his new companion! it was pretty exciting.
Last Friday the whole mission congregated together and had a mission conference. It was sweet. All 190 missionaries were in attendance. Because it was a special event, elder Pearson of the senventy addessed us. He preached for about 2 hours. I learned so much. In that vein, I plan on applying his teachings to my mission. I KNOW that if I do that, I will, through the Lord, become part of a celestial mission and consistently be part of miracles. In 2 nephi 27:23, we learn that God is the same yesterday,today,tomorrow and that miracles were wrought then, today, and will forever. Faith preceeds the miracle. The only way to aqcuire faith is by means of obedience. You will KNOW His doctrine if you try it out (John 7:17). I am learning to really focus on the simple doctrines of the Gospel. By doing so, I grasp greater insights through the Holy Ghost. Accordingly, my teaching skills improve and enable the Holy Ghost to aid me. The Gospel is sweet. The Holy Ghost truly provides spiritual strength, which is needed in the world filled with wickedness. Without the spirit, our soul will slowly be destroyed (2 Nephi 26:11). It is my prayer that all of you let virtue protect and overcome your thoughts,words, and deeds. In the name of Jesus Christ, I promise you that you will KNOW your creator, you heart will be filled with JOY, and the Holy Ghost will be your CONSTANT COMPANION.

Update: Colton has been avoiding us for the past week. Pray Hard for him please. Prayer is one way to help.... Cecilia and Kambri will be baptized on Saturday.
Shaili, Colton's sister, is demonstrating interest and wants to be baptized - we look forward to working with her this week.

Christmas call home: All I know is that I will be spending christmas with the Mckees (ward mission leader). I will contact you next week with details. I will do my best to call you in the afternoon:)
I love you all,
your son,
Elder jonathan kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!