Mom and Dad,
I am so happy to hear that you received that package from Sister Lamph. I knew that would bring a smile to your faces. We met her while we were doing our food shopping in Tremonton (nearest place to do our shopping in our district - Garland+Tremonton is my district)
...Oh yeah, I also sent some pictures home - those infamous pictures! However, the pictures I sent are mostly from my stay in the MTC . Don't worry, more will be sent your way!
Transfers are taken care of this week. In fact, they are done as of today. This morning at 7:30 am, we got a call from our district leader notifying us that we will both be staying in G-LAND or Garland - the best area in the world! I am so happy. I really wanted to stay here. I feel like I still have work to do here. Also, I am happy I get to serve with Elder Dennis for at least one more transfers - we really compliment each other. I love him. Moreover, we get practice singing hymns;)
I received your package on Thursday! I was so happy to finally receive it. Everything in the package was in mint condition. I really loved looking at all the pictures; however, I have to admit, I was pretty home-sick after looking at those pictures. I was proud to show my comp and others my family, you guys! Everyone tells me I get my looks from you guys! Its true! Thank you for the almonds! You know me to well! - funny story - The day before I received your package, one of the bishops asked me if we needed anything. Elder Dennis and I looked at each other and and said ALMONDS (we want healthy snacks)! You can never have enough almonds! So thank you! I really loved the journal. Thank sister Fiocco for me! I'm going to use it every day of my mission! Oh yeah, thanks for the gum;) I really loved receiving that package!
Well, last Sunday I spoke at the Hampton Ford Ward in the Fielding Stake. It went really well. I love speaking during sacrament meeting; It gives me a chance to really push missionary work ..... , Everyone was spiritually edified - I was. I will be speaking in the Fielding, East Garland and Portage 2nd (YSA) wards on Nov. 9th. Also, we will be speaking or teaching the Relief Society in the Garland 2nd Ward this Sunday! - exciting!!
I loved jamming with Elder Dennis last week! Amazingly, we get to do it again today! We told ourselves that we will write songs today! That will be fun! Tell dad that Elder Dennis loves his songs! I played them for him! I forgot about so many of the bands I used to listen to. I also forgot all of the lyrics I used to know by memory! - I guess that is good! - focus on the work! ha
Well, this week went by super fast! However, it was a great one. We talk to so many people - I keep record of all the people that I talk to - I've talked to well over 200 people thus far! Isn't that crazy!?
This week, we found two new investigators! Their names are Kambri and Anthony! We are so excited! They both really want to get baptized. This is what missionary work is all about. I love meeting people like this. The Lord has truly blessed us by helping us find these elect. Also, we contacted this one man name Dave. He is not a member, however, he has many friends who are. He was really interested about our church and loves how it stresses importance pertaining to the family! We will be meeting with him next week - pray for us.
Joy (cutest girl alive) will be baptized on Saturday! I will get to confirm her! I am so happy for her. Funny story - while we were teaching her the commandments, she interupted us and said: "It's true, I know they are true!!! " It was funny because she is so shy and quiet! Also, she has a hard time speaking English; she is adopted. She is from the Marshall Islands so english is not her mother tongue. It was just a great lesson! We love her!
Luke attended church. That was his one struggle! He said he loved it and wanted to go again next week! He will be baptized on the 15th of Nov.
Justin has one problem. ... Whats more, he now works Sunday nights, instead of mornings! What a blessing. He really wanted to go to church and now he has the blessing to do so! We are going to give a baptismal date real soon! - Nov 22nd!
The Lord is truly blessing this area! I know as we continue to do our best, we will continually be blessed! How awesome is this Gospel!
There are blessing for every commandment kept, loved and observed. He will not withhold them from us. That is his law. God truly is a Just God. At the same time, He is truly a merciful God! We slip up ALL the time. Because of the atonement of His son Jesus Christ, we can become justified and perfected - as long as we endure to the end.
I love you all!
Your son,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, October 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment