Monday, November 3, 2008

WEEK 10 A PICTURES RECEIVED

Today, we just received the long awaited pictures from Elder Kaufman while he was staying at the MTC. He finally was able to mail them!!!! and we finally got them!!!

You can see a slide show of the pictures by clicking the upper right picture entitled "Picture from the MTC..."

Brian, Patrick and Chris, if you look at the enlarged pictures , you will see your pictures posted on Jon's desk in the background.

Elder Kaufman send this story and asked that I would post it on the blog. So there it is:

Here is the letter I promised! Man I love being a missionary. Honestly I have had so many great experiences; some have been freaky and frustrating. In all of my emails home, I have told you all about the great and happy stories. I will tell you about the other experiences that I haven’t told you yet.

Firstly during the second week out in the field we were told to meet an older man name J. P. Because Elder Dennis and I are good missionaries, we went to go see him. I was excited. I knocked on the door and to my surprise an old man (who was shirtless) answered the door. He said:” Oh! It’s the Mormons! You won’t convert me!” We then started to talk about the gospel. During our conversation he seemed to be getting frustrated and said: “Hold on one second…He then closed the door… I thought to myself, he is a redneck farmer, he is getting his gun and he is going to shoot us! I looked at Elder Dennis… He looked focused….A couple of seconds later the door opened. My heart stopped beating. There stood J. P. putting his shoes on — I felt so happy he had no gun. However when his shoes were on he said, “Come into my garage…” I thought to myself, ‘here it comes, I’ve been out for a couple of days and I’m going to die…Foolishly we walked to his garage…He didn’t kill us! Instead he showed us his many CREATIONS! He is very talented. He assembles cars, motorcycles, and fashioned many wood carvings…

That’s all for now, I will write more later on during the week… You can put this story on my blog

Elder Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!