Sunday, September 7, 2008

WEEK 1 - First email Home Sept 4 2008

Mom, Dad, and Rebecca,

Today is finally Preparation day! I'm so excited to finally write you! The Mission Training Center is the best! I love it so much! I am having so many awesome experiences. I have made so many friends or elders and sisters! The spirit is so strong here: We sing and pray 100 times a day (or so it seems), read the scriptures and preach my gospel. My understanding of gospel is growing everyday. Accordingly, I my testimony is getting stronger every day!
My companions/roomates and I get along great. We pray and plan together. I have never been so organized!
Elder Bland is my companion. He is kind of shy, but we get along great!
Elder Crouch and Elder R. are my roomates (I have pictures).
Elder R. struggles sometimes, so we try to do our best to build his faith. Last night while we were sleeping, I had a feeling Elder R. needed a blessing of Comfort. So at 11:30 p.m, I got out of bed and asked him if he needed one. He .... said: I do. It was a very spiritual experience.

Sleeping is tough. I am not used to going to bed so early, but I am getting used to it. However, waking up is really easy for me. Because of my obedience towards the white handbook (missionary rules) I am being blessed by the Lord and waking up with ease.
I have seen Elder Bill. Actually, I see him every night. We hang out before bed. We live in The same residence hall. Also, when I went to the temple on Sunday, I saw Randy, Chris Bill, and Ashley. They dropped off letters for me in Utah! I was so happy to see them. I have 5 minutes left, so I am going to rush.

Thank the carpenters, Glowas for writing me and keeping me posted.
The food is alright. I haven't gained much weight.
I Love you mom. I love you Dad. I especially love you Rebecca. Keep writing me. I am in the Lord's hand. Do not worry about me.

With all my love.

Elder Jonathan Kaufman

2 comments:

Nancy Gagnon said...

Dear Brigitte,
Thanks so much for giving us a little window into Jonathan's world....I know he will greatly bless the lives of those he meets on his mission. We are keeping him and you in our prayers...Much love, The Gagnon Family

Unknown said...

Wow you are all so blessed, such a wonderful son. Thank you for sharing your family with all of us.

Luv The Laytons

We appreciate your visit!