Thursday, September 11, 2008

WEEK 2 - SECOND EMAIL FROM THE MTC

Family,

This week at the Mission Training Center has been great! I have made so many friends. I especially love singing hymns and offering prayers before everything that we do.
I spend the whole day learning and listening; I love it. I feel the spirit so much. I am really losing my life in the work and I am being blessed for it.
I was sick for about two days, so those two days were REALLY LONG! I am fine now. Guess who came to speak to us at the Tuesday night devotionals?.....Last week was Quentin L. Cook and this past week was President Uchtdorf! I saw them in person! They taught me so much. They are truly called of God.
This week Elder Bland and I taught mock investigators every other day. My instructer told me that I am really ahead of the class and That Elder Bland and I are great teachers! I do not say this to boast; Heavenly Father has blessed Elder Bland and I as we taught. We let the spirt guide. This is the only way to teach effectively. I am so happy to be a missionary!
I am so organized! I plan out my whole day, a day in advanced! Our Heavenly Father is a God of order, this is why we are encouraged to be organized.
At the referral center (you take or make calls) I was able to give away 5 Books of Mormon, and introduced 2 to the missionaries! Pray for them.
The Mission Training Center food is getting the best of me! ...... after 4 hours in a classroom or studying, anything seems good. Also, the food is a little fatty! I haven't gained weight! I am still a lean machine! I am known as the Muscled-up Canadian! All the Elders over here have the weirdest notions concerning Canadians...Ignorance;)
I can't believe I have been here for 2 weeks already! I leave on Tuesday! I am ready. I can't wait to go to Ogden! I have been trained well.
Today, I received my haircut. It is short, but I AM a missionary; I should get used to it:)
Thank you for writing me! I really love receiving your letters. Keep them coming. Thank the Carpenters, Glowas, and the Jones' for writing me.
Marvin, Patrick, Chris, Jason and Ben (in order by age) I love you! Make sure you do all you can to get yourselves here as soon as possible. You will not regret it. I Have humbled myself so much. I have also learned so much. Become familiar with Preach My Gospel. Read, study, and apply the doctrines and I PROMISE YOU you will spiritually grow. I Live and Love the GOSPEL. Because of it, I am becoming the best person I can be.

I will write everyone back once I am in Ogden; I have no time here.

Rebecca, I love you.
Mom, I miss you so much.
Dad. You are the greatest example to me. (I want to hear from you!)
You are always in my prayers

With all my love,
your son,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!