Tuesday, August 17, 2010

WEEK 103 - Let's Just Say my Testimony Underwent a Major Boost!

Mom,

Transfers occured yesterday. And as you already know, I am serving with Elder Attridge.  However, the coolest thing that happened this transfer is that I became the first 'solo zone-leader' (without a zone-leader companion) this mission has ever seen.  Pres. Olson told me that I should see this as a huge compliment and privilege.  Pretty cool huh?

I have not started to pack up yet.  That idea really scares me.  I think, and I could be wrong, but this is only something Heavenly Father wants me to put off.  He always wants us to be urgent.  Urgent people get things done. But in this case, putting off the idea of going home will help me remained focused and complete the things Heavenly father wants me to get done (see Matthew 16:25). 

I have to report on the amazing baptism that took place on Sunday.  Kathleen and Alexis Chapman showed their love and trust for God and entered into the cleansing waters of baptism.  I have grown to love this family -- they have blessed my testimony.  To look at where they started and where they are at now is just amazing.  Giving up anything is always super difficult and could sometimes leave us feeling like we are missing something and empty.  But sacrificing something for the cause of Christ somehow brings a feeling of accomplishment, acceptance from God, and fills us with the Holy Ghost (see 3 Nephi 9:20 & Moroni 8:26).  Seeing Kathleen give me a smile (I was one of the witnesses) right before she was immersed in the water was the greatest reward I could receive for our work with her.  With just one smile, she communicated so many amazing messages to me. However, above all the messages that were communicated that day, the one I remember and treasure the most is the one that came from Heaven.  When we meet, I will tell you all about it.  Let' just say my testimony underwent a major boost!  This is what the Gospel is all about (see D&C 18:15-16).  

Also, this next Saturday, Elder Attridge and I will baptize Gary Parkinson (as if God has not blessed us enough).  He is another amazing investigator that has touched my spirit in a very deep way. I promise to give a full report on his baptism next week.  Speaking of next week, for p-day, I will be heading down to Salt Lake and going to the temple with the rest of the departing missionaries. That being said, I will probably email you later on in the day. Just thought I'd notify ya.

I really hope you accepted the Bertoldo's invitation;) I think it's a good idea...whatever my opinion's worth haha.

Please tell Bro Carpenter 'thank you' for his nice email to me.  I love him and cannot wait to see everyone again!     

I know God lives and plays a big part in our lives.  We just got to find Him (see Jeremiah 29:13) .

Love you... a lot!

Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!