Tuesday, July 20, 2010

WEEK 99 - Today is "Transfer Tuesday" and I Found out that Elder Bland and I Will Be Staying Together

Mom,

Today is "transfer Tuesday" and I found out that Elder Bland and I will be staying together --Yay!.  Although it is really scary to think that we are both entering the last transfer of our mission life, it is also quite rewarding to think about all of our accomplishments, experiences, friends, and victories we've gained during this past 2 years. Even though I have underwent many trials and difficult times, the positive experiences always drown out the the negatives ones

On saturday we baptized Mason Botty.  Besides feeling the spirit and expanding his testimony, he also had many supporters right by his side.  A lot of his friends from Utah State University (Logan) came to cheer him on.  This was definitely an experience he will never forget.  That's what the gospel is all about! 

Tomorrow Elder Bland and I will baptize Connor.  Isn't that amazing?  Serving as a missionary really brings the neatest experiences.  Who would have thought that two 21 years old's could help prepare people to change their lives and follow Christ?  Although we recognize that God is the reason and ultimate factor behind every success, it is just an intriguing thought. Doctrine and Covenant 84:88 gives us a great clue as to finding an answer:  With God's companionship all is possible (Luke 1:37).  It is amazing to think that any covenant child can access his divine help, insights, and comfort, as long as they are worthy.  With God we can do anything!

Elder Bland and I typically drive our car from appointment to appointment.  Since our area covers 3 stakes, walking, or even biking , would be horribly ineffective.  It"s great to have the luxury of air conditioning and so forth while many other missionaries endure and combat the intense of heat of Utah's summer! That sounded very cruel, but really, I am really grateful!  Remember last summer I  walked the streets of Clearfield all summer long?  I commend any missionary that could stand proselyting without a car in the summer - God bless!

I really miss families like the  Mckees, Bywaters, Hoffmans, Dunns, Stephenson and so on.  Give my best to them!

For your information, the Youth  Spectacular was a huge success! and yes, I did take a good number of pictures.  I will send them next week:)

I love you a lot!

Elder Jonathan Kaufman


0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!