Mom,
I too cannot believe it is June. Time has really passed rapidly. It is really hard to imagine that I will be home this September and continue life without a name tag (that is a weird idea). Although the transition seems very difficult, many of my former companions, who are now home, have given me great advice. Hope for a happy return home, now seems a lot easier and achievable.
We had a blast for Memorial Day. We joined a family for a large family gathering for lunch. Besides lunch, we also played some baseball. And in case you're wondering: I did hit a couple of home-runs;)! Many were shocked that baseball was played in Canada. In fact, I constantly have to inform Americans (not all, but a few) that Canada is VERY similar to America and that certain seasons permit us to play summer sports.... ha ha.
In addition to 'hanging out' we also taught some lessons. We also confirmed two baptismal interviews and made some preparations for Saturday. This Saturday we will baptize 4 of our investigators! Although that sounds amazing, baptisms require a lot of preparation. That being said, please pray for us!
I have been studying the Mosiah chapters lately. I have noticed the differences between the types of Christ and the types of the Devil. Compare the way King Benjamin led his people to the way King Noah did. One of my greatest discoveries is found in these two verses: Mosiah 2:1,5 and Mosiah 19:11. While King benjamin encouraged his people to gather as families near the temple and learn, King Noah commanded all the fathers to leave their wives and children behind to protect their lives. Similarly, the atonement of Jesus Christ was motivated by love to save his eternal family members, while the adversary is motivated by selfishness and focuses on himself. Depending on who we serve, determines our motivations and ultimately our eternal rewards (Matthew 6:24) .
Well, that's all I got. Transfers are next week and I will most likely get transfered -- Chances are excellent.
I love you tons,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, June 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment