Mommy,
Happy 25th birthday! I hope Rebecca and dad have spoiled you with presents and have expressed their gratitude and love for you -- You deserve it! I love you and so badly wish I was there celebrating your special day with you guys.
Last week we had zone conference and to our surprise we had many "special guests" visit and instruct us: Sister Lifferth (former 1st Counselor in the General Primary Presidency) bore sweet testimony and Alex Boye motivated us with inspiring stories and faith-giving words. I am sure every missionary left conference with a stronger testimony of the restored gospel, and a hope to successfully confront evil that we constantly oppose. My testimony concerning faith has definitely increased.
I have learned that faith is not the power to wish your desires into existence, but to understand God's will and be at peace with it (Moroni 7:33);
It is to believe that God can make more out of your life than you could (Matthew 16:25);
It is to do what God requires even when we desire something else(Deut 5:27).
Faith truly is trusting and depending on Christ.
What's more, exercising faith makes available to us the fruits and blessings of the restored gospel: relief from sin, pain, and afflictions.
It allows us to be transformed, cleansed, and qualified to return home (Mosiah 3:9,17; 4:3,6,7). Faith welcomes God's choicest blessing and pleases Him (Mosiah 4:12, Hebrews 11:6).
Also, my love for the Book of Mormon has deepened. Although it is an ancient book, it is packed with timeless wisdom. If we incorporate its messages, our voyage away from God will be more enjoyable and easier (Jacob 7:23). One of my favorite scriptures is Mormon 8:35. Moroni, along with many other prophets saw our day and wrote to us. We can learn from their examples, experiences, testimonies, and warnings. The Book is true.
I am so excited to hear that Ben will be serving in Italy (thanks for the pics). I think I still own an Italian textbook from when I studied it in college. If you like, you can search for it -- Good luck haha! I am also happy to hear he will be leaving after I return. I look forward to seeing "the guys" again. Tell Ben I love him. Also, update me when Kameron receives his call.
Anywho, love you guys tons. Keep me updated
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
PS: See latest pictures from Roy on the top right column of this web page (Roy, May 18 2010)
PS : Don't forget to scroll down below to watch BJ reading his call letter - Bhk
Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment