Tuesday, March 9, 2010

WEEK 80 - This Week I Had the Privilege of Talking to Two Mothers

Mom,

The sun shines brightly and the weather is beautifully warm, in Roy ....

I apologize for not telling you - yes, I am actually in a walking area. I am glad I am walking rather than driving in a car because we have more opportunities to talk to people, enjoy the weather and get in shape. During the course of my mission I have gained a lot of weight and lost a lot of muscle; however, I have a new resolution to regain muscle and to lose a lot of fat. In fact, for the past 3 weeks I have started my diet and re-implemented my workout routine. As an outcome, I feel a lot healthier and look so much better. Sorry for parading my pride, but my 6-pack is visible again! Miracles haven't ceased ha ha... However, I do need to confess, yesterday one of our bishops, 'lovingly' forced me in to eating a brownie his wife made. I felt so guilty afterwards -- Life goes one.

This week I had the privilege of talking to two mothers (less-active) who are experiencing great struggles. Both of them thought it would be best to talk over the phone. The only downside to that was the fact that they were both crying, thus making it very hard to understand what they were saying. Disconnected words like "scared", "lost", and "sorry" were the only words I understood. I felt so sad and did not have the courage to ask them to repeat what they said. Instead, I offered a silent prayer and waited to receive revelation from God on how to help these individuals out. The only thing that came to mind was to share a scripture. I shared a very profound verse from the book of 3 Nephi. Here Jesus is speaking to the 'less-actives' of that day and said, "Return unto me". The reason why this verse is profound is because of two factors: 1. Jesus' famously echoed invitation, never changes. (he is constant and consistent). He never says, "Depart from me, or Catch me if you can". 2. The reference read 24/7. This invitation is offered every hour of the day, and ever day of the week. Doesn't God love us eternally? He does. I know it. I testify of it.

Two of our investigators understood that love that God possesses. As a result, they were baptized. These baptisms were remarkable. There were well over a hundred in attendance.
Those are the best baptisms. Also, Elder Kreiberg and I performed a musical number, which we recorded.

I love you and miss you....a lot
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!