Tuesday, November 24, 2009

WEEK 65- You Should Have Seen my Face when I Learned that Colton Is Passing the Sacrament!

Mom,


You should have seen my face when I learned that Colton is passing the sacrament! I am really proud of him, and I am certain that he is carrying out his duties as a priesthood holder honorably and that God is very pleased with him. Stories like that make me very trunky haha!


Elder McDaniel and I had to prepare a training for zone conference last Thursday. A typical zone conference consists and inlcudes a training from the assistants to the President, Sister Olsen, President Olson and then the zone leaders. Our aim was to help missionaries learn that teaching simply will help our investigators connect the dots of the gospel. For example: Why do I need to get baptized if the Book of Mormon is true?; Why is Thomas S Monson a prophet if Joseph Smith is a prophet? Sometimes because we complicate the gospel, those we teach do not understand how those dots connect. So to help our missionaries understand the need and importance of teaching simply, we videotaped ourselves teaching the restoration and tried to illustrate how our investigators see and understand what we teach. Of course we used extremes to illustrate our point, but it was hillarious! I will have to send a copy to you!


Just last night we went on exchanges with Bro. Jarvis. I quickly found out that he is actually Pres. Jarvis' cousin. What a small world, eh? He had a blast with us and wants to come out again! Be sure to tell President Jarvis about my encounter.


Give my best to the Johnsons too. :)


I love yah:)
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!