Mommy,
In case you were wondering (worrying), yesterday was zone-conference. Thus, we were not allowed to email home.
Alexandra and Sherry were baptized this past Saturday. (See pictures "LATEST PICTURES FROM CLEARFIELD on the right sidebar) This event was truly a miracle. As I have said before, initially, their mother did not support us! However, we were persistent and continued to visit them daily. Because of the word of God, their hearts became soft and in time, they began to like us. They started to accept and keep commitments and ultimately decided to be baptized. They have also been attending church consistently for 7 weeks now -- Praise the LORD! He continually blesses us.
I am glad you are keeping in touch with those I have met thus far (Sister Lamph). I too have seen many friends I have made in past areas. It is always good to see familiar faces. After my mission is terminated we have to tour the areas I served -- you will love it!
So, Elder Stewart was transfered midway through the transfer. I am currently serving in a regular companionship and following the counsel of the Lord : "...preaching the gospel two by two" :)
We will have a mission conference this month, so we will have a mission picture I can send home!
I have not heard from Elder Dennis....
Keep me updated with Patty and Hamish! I love hearing their experiences.
Please give my best to both Allison and Meagan.
Today some Elders and I will be going to the mall!!! I am way excited!
Anyhow...,
Love you lot's
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
--------------
Dad,
I love you soo much. I look up and respect the man you are. It gives me a vision of who I want to be.
I have not played guitar in forever! I miss it so much. At the beginning of the transfer, one of the missionaries (who is a drummer) thought he could get us in a recording studio; however, that never happened. Have you been writing more songs or have you stopped for a time?
Don't worry about never becoming a star...if you did, I would not be here today -- How sad would your life be? haha!!
What is the weather like? Is it still cold? if so, how cold?
I am glad to hear Rebecca is doing well and is preparing for her mission. Rebecca and I were "born of goodly parents who love the Lord".
Love you pops. Hope all is well
Love
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
-------------------------
Rebecca,
I hear you are on fire -- missionary-wise! I am happy to hear this. What you are doing WILL prepare you for your mission. I know you will be a blessing and not a burden to your future mission president. Remember that you need to be fully equipped to serve a mission too. It is not an alternative to motherhood. In fact, your mission will shape you into the mother you would like to be IF you serve valiantly.
My mission is changing me. As I develop and cultivate faith, and warrant the principles of the gospel to effect my choices, the desires of my heart become more like the Lord's. Living within the gospel limits is easier and serving others becomes natural. These are blessings that we need to secure in this life in order to be worthy to be brought back into the presence of the Lord. I love you Rebecca. I pray for you constantly and consistently. I pray the Mighty Lord will continue to enrich your life. Your brother, Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment