Mom Dad Rebecca,
All I can say is "WHOA". There is so much going on back home: Bro Pulice is engaged; Patrick is still serving up in montreal!....Whoa! I kind of feel left out, but I guess that is normal seing as I am here in Farr west.
Well, for starters, the star of David was given to me by one of my investigators in Garland. Do you remember Luke maybe? I baptized him back in November. He and his mom knew that "Kaufman" was a Jewish name, thus, they bought me this necklace. I might not be Jewish according to the contemporary view of Judaism, however, according to the Doctrine the Christ, as a baptized member I am adopted in the house of Isreal and inherit the blessing of the restored gospel.
I gather that your valentine's celebration went over well. I am happy to hear that.
This week Elder Lahoda and I ripped it up. We are anxiously awaiting the baptism of our three Gators. They are so ready. I am so happy they have accepted our commitment, which led them to be receptive to the light of Christ so they might know for themselves. I cannot wait to go to the temple with them in a year's time...Like I said, they are way solid.
While teaching the Meyers about tithing this week, the spirit bore witness to Elder Lahoda and I. We are truly messengers of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. As we taught + testified = Teach-a-fy, they said "they knew that tithing was a commandment they had to live and in effect would have the windows of heaven be opened unto them". What a remarkable experience we had that night. I will remember it always. It truly did enhance my testimony.
I have been studying the New testament for the past couple of days, and in effect, I have come to realize that the Gospel is so more simple that I and others think: Faith in Christ brings forth miracles; The measure of good works we mete or administer, will determine the blessing we will receive; obedience to the Father's decrees lead to greater faith and greater love, which commandment is paramount to the others... "for Love is the greatest commandment, and all the others hang from it".
Let me deviate for a moment...for the past couple of weeks I have been eating burgers and fries! Can you believe it? I can't. A couple of months ago, I would not even dream of doing so! Mission really do change you huh? haha well, rest assured I am not obese...yet. JOKING.
I think the upside to all of this unhealthy eating is that my face is more full. I think it flatters me:) Enough about me, I am going to workout twice as hard this week!
Well, I look forward to next week, so I may read your emails again.
I sincerely love, and miss you guys like crazy!
your son and brother,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment