Thursday, November 13, 2008

WEEK 11 NO NEWS (updated on Nov 20 08)

No news this week. We haven't received any email. We will keep you posted as soon as we received a letter or something. Thanks for your visit. :)
BHK



PRINTED EMAIL WE RECEIVED ON NOV 20 2008,



Hey Mom + Dad,
This week has been awesome. Elder Dennis and I attended Garland's Stake Conference (Saturday session).

Elder Dennis and I had a blast speaking in three different wards last Sunday. I love speaking during Sacrament meeting. Immediately after speaking, we received many compliments such as: "Well done" or Great talks!” It is always great to receive compliments (look who is talking) but my gratitude is aimed towards Heavenly Father –It could get hard sometimes! Amazingly, every time I realize that Heavenly Father is the reason behind every blessing or miracle, my testimony of our Lord grows. On the other hand, every time I think I am the reason a blessing came to be, I become PROUD (root of ALL evil) and reject the spirit, spiritual strength, comfort and guidance.

No, I have not traded ANY of my beautiful ties - I never will!
I am allowed to receive photos through emails - keep them coming!
I never heard Sister Lamph's story. I would like to read about it in my next letter - not email;)

Well, another week has passed and gone. Elder Dennis and I worked hard this week. Working hard or being diligent is the secret to becoming an effective representative of Christ. If you are diligent and work hard, you are consumed in the work. If you are consumed in the work, you invite the spirit. If you have the spirit, you teach with the spirit. Finally, if you teach with the spirit, OTHERS will feel the spirit.

I never understood how people could feel the spirit, and yet, not act upon it. This past week I studied free agency - I think I found my answer. Heavenly Father is omnipotent. However, he will not force anyone to do anything. He is a perfect Father. He wants us to discover truth on our own. He wants us to learn from our mistakes and grow. This is how He became God. He wants us to inherit all that he has - It is possible for all of us to achieve this because we all have DIVINE potential. We are Sons and Daughters of God - Literally. He provides us with the Holy Ghost, angels, miracles, scriptures, and so forth so we can develop faith. Without these aids it would be impossible to acquire faith; without faith we cannot be saved. However, God does not cease to be God! He provides us with every means to develop faith so we can be saved! We have to seek it. We have personal responsibility. We have to CHOOSE to follow Him or Satan. How intelligent is our Father? He has thought everything through! He knows all. I know He knows all. It is my prayer that everyone seeks God through His son Jesus Christ. Moreover, I hope we will all discern Good from evil and CHOOSE God's way, which is good.
I love studying the Gospel. It is true.

On Saturday Nov 15th, I have the opportunity to baptize Luke. I am so excited. This is the first time I will baptize someone on my Mission. He is a great kid! I love him
We lost Anthony! He doesn't want to meet with us anymore! I am not too worried. He has a pretty sturdy testimony in Christ - the seed has been planted.

Kambri_ will be baptized on the 29th. I can’t wait for that date either!
We are having a lot of success. The Lord is truly blessing us.
Today, Elder Dennis and I borrowed an amp and some electric guitars! We are gonna jam ....
Also, I got a hair cut today! BUZZ CUT!! I will send pics this week!
I love you all Your son Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!