Tuesday, October 21, 2008

WEEK 8

Hey Mom and Dad,
It is great to hear from you again. I am glad to hear every one is doing well.
Before I start talking about my week, I want to tell you something: The Mckee's (one of the ward mission leaders - they live 2 mi. away) let Elder Dennis and I borrow their guitars. Yes, they have two guitars. So since today is P-day, we are going to be jamming for hours! Also, You will be happy to know that I have been singing your songs for elder Dennis. He especially likes "Hit my home-run", "Everybody Needs Loves",
and "Born to Run". I will let him [hear]your many others later on in the day.

Well, this week was slow at some points, but exciting during others.
For example, Genia, has just moved and we haven't seen her in about a week. Last night we went by her mother’s home and asked for her. However, some boy answered the door. He looked like your every day punk: he had piercings and wore a pretty awesome Mohawk. Anyways, we started talking to him about the gospel. We told him that we would like to meet him while we taught Genia. There was silence for about 3 seconds (I love silence - that’s when people feel the spirit). After the amazing pause he said: Yeah, that’s sounds good. That was a really cool experience and we hope that he will be receptive to our message.

Yesterday, right before our Dinner appointment, which we were already late for, we felt inspired to walk over by one of the trailer homes nearby the stake center. We saw a mother with her children; we were obviously excited and we walked up to her. When the mother noticed us, she smiled and said: “Elders! How are you? I have a daughter who wants to get baptized! “ You can only imagine how big our smiles were! .... We will meet with them tomorrow; we are really excited.


This week we met with Colton and had a lesson about faith; we read Alma 32 with him. He is going through a rough time.... He is dramatically changing; I love him. At the end of the lesson he asked me [to] offer the prayer. After I was done, I opened my eyes to see him crying. He then gave me a hug and told me he loved me. It was a really great lesson.

Elder Dennis and I have also taught Joy, Justin, Hunter, Hailey and Codie . We have a great time meeting and teaching them. They really do feel the spirit and want to get baptized. They will be baptized in November, all of them.

There were no baptisms this month...kind of sad. But next month will be great! Got to be positive.

Transfers are coming up. I don't want to be transferred just yet. I want to stay here a bit longer! Pray for me!

Also, I will be speaking during sacrament meeting in many wards in the up coming weeks - motivate people to do missionary work!
…….

However, I want to say that the Lord truly speaks to you while you study the scriptures in the morning. I have had so many revelations from 8-9 am. I have learned so much, but there is so much more to learn.
If our Lord speaks to me, he surely communes with our Prophet, Thomas S Monson. He is truly inspired and leads us in the right direction and he receives direction from God. This is my testimony.


Mom, thank sister Bilodeau and the Relief Society sisters for writing me!
Tell them to keep doing it! I love to hear from people!

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!