Elder Kaufman arrives at the
Pierre Elliot Trudeau Airport tomorrow
Thursday, September 2 @ 9:05pm.
All are welcome
As Elder Kaufman says,
"The more the merrier!'
THANK YOU ALL FOR YOUR SUPPORT
DURING THESE PAST 2 YEARS!
* * *
Mom,
It's official: this is my last email home.
It has been an amazing 2 years. I have learned a great deal about the Saviour and his gospel, myself, and the importance of service. I'm certain that if these critical principles are a part of my life (or anyone else's), they will bring me back to God.
I have developed a great love for God's words. I have learned that comfort is found in the scriptures (see Jacob 2:8). In addition to comfort, important and necessary doctrines regarding salvation are clear and abundant (see 1 nephi 15:14). However, the most important thing is that God's voice (revelation) is heard whenever someone seriously studies the scriptures (see D&C 18:35-36). This approach to scripture study separates us from most faiths.
I have learned to appreciate family. Being away from the people I missed the most has fueled my hope and excitement to spend eternity with you guys. I know that God's power unites families -- thats what it's all about (see Matthew 16:19).
I'm extremely grateful that I spent these last two years in Ogden. The investigators I taught and families I met all touched me and blessed my testimony. I am eternally thankful for these unforgettable experiences. However, the coolest thing is that I will be able to spend all of eternity with all of these people (see 2 Nephi 9:14 & D&C 18:15-16).
I feel completely content with my mission. In fact, I feel like I have received God's approval. It is the neatest feeling -- nothing compares to it. Thank you for encouraging and preparing me for this. This has been the best thing that has happened to me...I will always remember this.
This is the toughest thing to do, but I know it has to be done. Please pray for me -- I need it.
I love you so much.
Elder Jonathan Kaufman.
P.S: till we meet.
0 comments:
Post a Comment