Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WEEK 102 - Time Is Really Winding Down, Really Fast

Mom,

Give my best to Elder Carpenter.  The assignment to be an assistant is big and requires a great missionary.  Obviously his mission President chose the right missionary!  I love him.

I can't believe another week just ended.  Time is really winding down, really fast.  Although time is not on our side, I'm glad I get to serve in Farmington for the remainder of my mission.  The Lord really blessed me with special individuals that have touched my spirit in a very profound way. 

I love seeing people fully embrace the gospel.  This really brings me 'Godly Joy' and gives me a great glimpse of the fulfillment of the promise contained in D&C 18:15-16.  As I have taught Gary, one of our investigators, I'm amazed of how willingly he accepts and gives up, just for he sake of moving closer to God.  His level of commitment is simply amazing and his testimony is growing.  He is preparing to be baptized on the 22nd of August.  Please pray for him and us, as we do our best to help him.  Also, Kathleen, another one of our investigators, is determined to quit smoking.  She is amazing!  We promised her that before she would ever put a cigarette in her mouth, God would spiritually remind her that she shouldn't, through her conscience. We also encouraged her to act on the impressions she received because God promised more impressions (wisdom, truth, light, happiness, etc) that would put her feet on the right path that leads to baptism (see 2nephi 28:30).  What's most amazing is that she realized (for the first time) that God is part of her (our) life everyday (see Alma 10:6, Deuteronomy 5:24)She is preparing to be baptized this Saturday. The Gospel is amazing.

The excellent examples of our investigators have motivated me to re-read the Book of Mormon before I return home.  As I am undertaking this challenge and seeing my investigators consume every ready assignment we give them, I've come to realize the truth in this very wise beautitude: Blessed are they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost (see 3 Nephi 12:6).  Like the people of Zarahemla, serving under King Benjamin, I have lost desires to do bad when placed in situations where I would usually fall (see Mosiah 5:2).  I assume my investigators are experiencing the same thing.  

It took me awhile, but I have finally learned that I could learn something from everyone (see D&C 18:10).  I hope we can all realize that every one is special and valuable in the sight of God, and hopefully ours.

I love you lot's!

Elder Jonathan Kaufman  

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!