Tuesday, January 5, 2010

WEEK 71 - The Gospel Is the Greatest Resource We Have

Mommy,

I am glad you made contact with the Willardsons. They are such a help and a delight to us. On top of that, they spoil us rotten -- which sometimes isn't too bad. They kept asking me to relay your conversion story; however, I couldn't do it like you could have. They think you guys are amazing.

I am having a blast with Elder Gifford. We work well together. In fact, we baptized two this past week, and we are still anticipating 4 more for this month -- The Lord is blessing us. Also, we are all about getting back into shape. We work out like crazy! We feel like we are fit again, it is a great feeling.

I am not sure I have grown as you think I have. Maybe I am wrong, but I still have many things to do and to overcome. You are right, the gospel is the greatest resource we have. It points to Christ; if understood and applied, it cultivates God-like morals and standards; The gospel is true, restored and pleasing to God. I know it. I am also eternally grateful for the words of Christ. In Alma 37, Alma compares Christs words to a compass. the Words of Christ are a directing and guiding force. They illuminate our path back to our Heavenly home (Psalms 119:105). The Gospel is true.

I love to hear all of the updates about Elders Carpenter, Glowa, Macpherson, and Wong. Keep sending them. Thank you so much.

Thanks for all you do. I really do love you!
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!