Mommy,
It was so fun to hear your voices over the phone! I really miss and love all of you. I hope you had a joyous and festive Christmas.
Christmas here in Cache Valley was excellent. Thank you so much for the gifts--everything is perfect. We spent a lot of time with the Ogdens. They're the coolest family. You will have to one day meet them. I am sure they would love to meet you. As for the weather, it is kind of chilly, but it is bearable. I am having a blast here in Logan and with my elder Gifford.
This past week one of our investigators, Rick G., announced that he will be baptized. During the teaching process he would always say that he didn't know enough and therefore should not be baptized. I assured him mulitple times that knowlegde is not a qualification nor a requirement for baptism. In fact, the lesson before last, I was really bold with him: after reading verses from Mosiah 18 and D&C20, I then said "Rick, the only thing preventing you from progressing and advancing in God's plan for you is yourself. You know enough and have felt the spirit comfirm truth to your heart and mind. Be true to yourself." After that, I committed him to pray about baptism. The next day he gave us a call and said, as he was crying "I want to be baptized."
Isn't that awesome?! I am amazed and marvel at what things I can accomplish when I have access to God's Brilliance. I testify that knowing how to feel and act on the spirit, is the single most important thing for us to master. Create a habit of doing things that invite and welcome the spirit to attend you.
Please thank the primary for the sweet package they sent me. I love them.
I love you all, and God Bless,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, December 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment