Mommy,
I am glad you liked the pictures...
The lady in the picture is Barbara S. The baptism was picture perfect, except for the fact that we were late: (besides that, it was perfect!!! She was really prepared and ready to take that step in her life. I know God will be with her and continually aid her in her righteous pursuits.
I received your dearelder a little later than expected. No need to call or communicate with 'dearelder'. I think the letter was held at the office a little too long. We have a new staff serving there now.
Isn't it exciting to see all of the LaSalle boys leaving on missions? Maybe it is bittersweet. I think it is cool. If my opinion counts for anything:)
Give Jason my best and give him this advice: be familiar with Preach My Gospel. There was one elder in my MTC district who knew all the answers . During our "alone time" I asked him what he did to prepare for his mission. He said: I read Preach My Gospel 5 times and went out with missionaries frequently.
You're an awesome mom! Watching an individual be refined through the gospel brings feelings that cannot be compared to anything the world offers : Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you....(St John 14:27) Just imagine if you bring many souls unto God -- how great will be your joy then (D&C 18:16).
I am happy to hear the LaSalle ward is growing in numbers. I anticipate and look forward to seeing everyone again. Please give the LaSalle Ward my best!
This morning we received a call from the AP's (assistants to the president). I found out I will be getting transfered. I'm going to be serving in Logan, in Cache Valley County. My new companion will be Elder Fairbanks. His cousin served in Montreal. Do you remember him? Rebecca will. Anyhow, he is my new companion. I am way excited. What's more, he is Canadian:)....two canadian zone leaders:) ...should be good:)
This morning we had a zone study. We taught the elders the importance of being 'in tune' with the spirit. To illustrate this principle, I played the Beatle`s song [Blackbird] on guitar twice. The first time the guitar was tuned, and the second time it wasn't. I think that really brought the message home. We then taught them that anyone could be an instrument, but the Lord wants effective instruments. IT WAS SWEET!
Please tell Elder Carpenter Happy Birthday for me! I didn't forget it:) he was in my thoughts! Oh yeah, and thank Bro and Sister Carpenter for their dear elder:)
How is elder Bill doing?
How about Chris Morales?
I love you:)
Elder Jonathan Kaufman:)
Tuesday, September 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment