Tuesday, August 11, 2009

WEEK 50 - Besides the Big Miracles, the Lord Has Also Blessed Us with Smaller Ones Too.

Hey mom,

I apologize in advance: this email will be short due to the fact my ride will be here any moment now.
The lord blessed us with two miracle baptisms this week. In addition to baptizing Micheal L., we ran into a grand-mother who told us that we needed to baptize her grand-daughter. Naturally, we agreed and told her that we can start teaching her. We taught her everything she needed to know. Even though she's only nine years old she knew everything about the gospel because she "learned wisdom in her youth" (Alma 37:35), at church. What a testimony builder. After I interviewed her for her baptism, I happily told her she was ready for baptism. You should have seen her face when I pronounced those words. On top of that, you should have heard her prayer! She was really prepared for all of this. Tell me about the Lord and his tender mercies (1nephi 1:20)

Besides the big miracles, the Lord has also blessed us with smaller ones too. We found 4 new investigators and commited all of them to baptism!!! It was amazing. The spirit aided us as we taught truth. All of them understood the pattern of dispensation and apostasy and the NEED for a restoration. We, through the help of the spirit, found the elect! After 4 weeks of hard work and now success, we finally found it!

I would like to close by saying God is real, and works through his son Jesus Christ. Because he suffered and died for us, we can qualify for his grace. I know the priesthood acts here on earth and works according to our faith and our worthiness. The Chruch is true!

Love you guys!
your son,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!