Mommy,
I have really come to appreciate the teachings of the Brethren. I was truly uplifted and enlightened. I have a stronger and reinforced resolution to be more like our Savior. Isn't this the purpose and objective of general conference?
Elder Holland is the Bruce R McConkie of our time. He enabled me to envision the scene of our Savior's suffering. He re-taught me that Christ, through His God-given power, has the capacity to make us whole because he has PERFECT understanding. The Atonement is real. It is infinite and will always be in effect. Come unto him so we may feel his rest.
This past week has been really good. I have received abundant revelations. Revelation allows the scriptural episodes to come alive. I come to learn that the pattern of our spiritual development is outlined in 2 Nephi 28:30 line upon line, precept upon precept. This point is illustrated in the story of Lehi. After accomplishing the Lord's first commandment (crying repentance to the people of Jerusalem), the Lord issued this subsequent instruction: travel into the wilderness. This commandment ultimately led them to the promise land and the establishing of churches and temples. So it is with our lives, we need to keep one commandment at a time, so we can advance the way the Lord intended us to.
I have also come to learn through the spirit that the purpose of the Gospel is not merely to overcome and avoid sin, but to have no disposition to do evil; furthermore, to have clean hands and a pure heart. Those who try to live their lives this way will ascend into the hill of the Lord.
Besides attending conference, Elder Lunt and I had the privilege to witness the baptism and confirmation of Rene W. It was such a spiritual experience. We anticipate 4 more baptisms for this month.
The Lord is truly blessing us.
I hope all is well. I love you. You are always in my prayers.
Your son,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman
Tuesday, April 7, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment