Tuesday, March 24, 2009

WEEK 30 MARCH 24 2009

Mom and Dad,

Week 30 has provided much blessings for Elder Lunt and I. We currently are teaching 11 solid gators and have 6 baptismal dates. This is such a miracle. God, The Father, is truly watching over us and helping us receive the promised blessings to those who publish His good Word.

Here is a little context: When I received my call as a trainer I immediately was worried because of the state of the area I was serving (2 gators -- one date). I wondered if I had the capacity to help this area BOOM and teach Elder Lunt the fundamentals of this Great Work. I was scared and felt inadequate. These feelings caused me to run to the only place I could be alone: the bathroom. I cried my heart out and asked God to help and comfort me. I did not receive any consolation that night, nor the next. Instead of waiting for a majestic manifestation, I decided to GO and DO as Nephi valiantly taught. I also remembered the words which Pres. Joyce uttered: Whom the Lord calls, He qualifies. Elder Lunt and I continued to plan, teach and find.

While I was in sacrament meeting this past week, we had the opportunity to hear two beautiful sisters sing "I know that my Redeemer lives". While I was listening, I felt the sweet feeling that is available to all who GO and DO. I felt the power of the Holy Ghost. It left me with a sweet taste in my mouth and motivated me to do good. It help me feel clean and pure (the Holy Ghost is a cleansing agent). But most of all, the Spirit of God remedied my wounded soul. Just as the soothing voice of a mother can calm a crying baby. The spirit wiped away my tears and conquered my fears. I felt as though those angels were ministering to me. I had a reinforced resolution to be a celestial son of God. I had been comforted by my Father, who dwells in heaven. I know He is real and loves all of us. All we need to do, is know and apply His precepts so we may feel Godly Joy.

This was a very sacred experience and defining moment concerning my mission. I encourage you to pray in gratidude for this sublime experience I have received. All are eligible for these great manifestations. All we need to do is GO and DO.

You may share this with other people, especially Bruce. :)
I love you and miss you so much.

Your son,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

1 comments:

Chris and Cali said...

Elder Kaufman! We miss you so much! It's sounds like all is going well in your area! The members are very blessed to have you with them. Our missionaries were recently transfered. We no longer have "Garland-Fielding" missionaries. The Tremonton missionaries have to cover the whole area. Poor guys! Our family enjoys checking your blog and following your progress....keep up the good work! You are AMAZING!
Love,
Chris, Cali, Sharlee & Kenlyn Bywater

We appreciate your visit!