Thursday, October 16, 2008

WEEK 7 A

Mommy and Daddy,

This week was kind of slow. Our investigators are not responding..... I guess missionaries should get used to weeks like this. Besides that we still have many investigators getting ready for baptism: Genia, Luke, Isaac, Colton, and Joy. Their baptism dates are coming up really soon! I am way excited for that. I am especially meeting with Joy. She is 9 and is the cutest girl ever. On top of that, she has the best smile ever! .... I will confirm her on Nov. 1. As always, pray for those names I mentioned.

This week I was on exchanges with my zone leader: elder Basset. He is a great missionary. He told me that I "talked and teach like a missionary who has been out forever". Further, he said I will become a trainer very soon! I thank my Heavenly Father every day because he is truly blessing me in every way. I learned so much from Elder Basset. I cannot wait to implement all that I learned tonight and forever. I love being a missionary.

Remember, remember, remember, every member is a missionary! Invites others to come unto Christ or help fellowship investigators by having appointment at our home and so forth. Read D&C 18-10, 15-16.
Some of the members out here help us so much. For that reason, we have success. On the other hand, when members do nothing, missionary success declines. ... I promise you as you do this there will be many more members added to our ward and you will be blessed with eternal life. Pretty good promise - Christ promised this to us.

I memorize a scripture a day now. I love it. I do it with ease. Also, I learn so much during my personal and companionship study. I have also received much revelation. Accordingly, the mysteries of God and his gospel are being unfolded unto me. You have to be diligent and seek for the spirit in all you do. That is the key to revelation and effective missionary work. Not too hard, right?

Oh yeah, my suits are doing just fine! I fit perfectly into them. As for my laundry, I have a washer and dryer in our home - I do it every week. Lucky…

Christ is real. The gospel has been restored and because of it there is communication between the heavens and the earth by means of revelation through prophets or us individually.

I love you,
Your son,
Elder Jonathan Kaufman

0 comments:

We appreciate your visit!