Mommy + Daddy
Don't worry, I will find time to answer all of your questions.
1. ElderDdennis and I live alone in that huge apartment! (nicest one in the area!)
I have taken pictures. I will mail them to you next week. I havent had time to develop them. We were going to do it today, but the lady in front of us took way too long!
2. I did buy scriptures.
3. I want every package I can get. I do use my journals. I bought a couple at the MTC. I would love to get one from here. Honestly, send me anything you think I would like. No sweets. I get enough out here;) Just write me a lot of letters. I love mail!
Also, missionary work out in the field is 1000 X better than in the MTC.;)
4. Elder Dennis will attend General Conference. All the missionary that have been out for a 1 years + half get to go. So i will get to go soon!;)
7. It is pretty hot out here but I love it. The car helps out a lot. We walk a lot too. Our bikes keep breaking down.
Whoa. That is all i can say. I love being a missionary! I had another baptism this week. That is my second one. His name is Colby. He is 9. He is a great kid. On top of that, the family loves us and we love them.
The members out here are sooooo nice to us. Im telling you...Dinner every night; that means DESERT every night. Good thing we work out. I haven't gained weight. I think my biceps got bigger;). However, we also get a lot of fruit (fresh from the garden fruit) from the members.
I am feeling more and more and more like a missionary. This week I went on exchanges with my Zone leader. He taught me so much and was surprised how prepared Iwas. He said I might start training missionaries soon! We are doing so well because our Savior is included in all that we do. Prayer is so critical. This is His work, he should play a role, right?
I love talking to everyone. I am getting comfortable. People seem to like us. Accordingly, they listen to what we have to say and either reject, accept or invite us in for food. It' great!
Last night we taught Colten. I invited him to get baptized Oct. 18. He will be able to do it. He really wants to. The spirit is so strong in his home and he always points it out! I love him.
I am teaching at least 10 others. I named their names in my last letter. Continue to pray for them. Collective prayers are so much stronger than individual prayers! They are all progressing. I love teaching the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. My testimony grows every day. I know I have a purpose here on earth and I plan to introduce it to everyone!!
I love seing the gospel change lives. I see it every day!
Elder Dennis and I get along so well. We have fun and work hard: that is the key to success. moreover, we sing hymns every day! And dang we sound good ha;)
I love you both!
I want you to know that I am protected and I am having so much success out here because the Lord is team captain in our companionship.
I know that when I choose the right, I am blessed. As simple as that.
I know God lives. I know Jesus is the Christ. I know they are guiding the Church today through Thomas S Monson.
I love you and miss you!
your son,
Elder Kaufman
P.s. Today I got a haircut(real short) and went food shopping. We got healthy food(protein) for lunch and breakfast:)
Tuesday, September 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
I have the BEST brother in the whole wide world!! I'm so happy I get to be his sister forever!!!!
Hey ELder Kaufman i just got back from Becca's apartement and we had a blast talking about you and your trip there and you know your sister every details counts... anyways have funs enjoy and when you get back you can probably teach us something new we love you from your second family the DI Cesare
Hi Elder Kaufman,
I'm so happy you are so excited about your mission. Graham and I hope to go on one when I retire. Maybe by then I'll have gray hair, but age is sometimes an advantage don't you think.
Take care
luv Sis & Bro Layton
Post a Comment